Monday, January 2, 2012

why not?

With the beginning of the new year, so many of us are trying to create better habits or tackle big projects. I have my own big idea.

This past Fall, it occurred to me that I missed posting on my blog (http://www.kidding-around.net), but I felt like I had moved away from crafting, sewing and sharing my thoughts on raising young kids. My children are older now and we are living a different life from 5 years ago.

I am currently working part-time outside the home and teaching my children full-time IN our home! My life is consumed with homeschooling an eight-grader, fifth-grader and second grade student. I love it and love my life. But I also love having an outlet to share photos and our home. Hopefully, this will be a project that all 5 Shackelford family members will participate.

So, why have I started a blog entitled "company"? My husband and I enjoy sharing our home and a meal with friends, family, and our neighbors. Why not document our dinner parties and share recipes, photos and stories from our guests?

It is our goal this winter to host a dinner at least 2-3 times a month and share our experience.

Sound fun? Want to be one of our guests? Let me know in the comments.

Our first guests have been invited and I'm excited to share our night with you!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! (Sounds like Aunt Robin!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun to me... I'll be one of your guests, okay? Well, at least from this distance. Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'll be watching your "company"

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea! looking forward to reading on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, Carol! Having guests for dinner (or being the guest!) is what makes me feel like life is GOOD. Can't wait to see these experiences through the eyes of your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a brilliant idea! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun! I only wish I lived closer! Oh! wait! Soon I will! I would love to be an intern in your kitchen. I love having company!

    ReplyDelete