Friday, January 13, 2012

the Ending

Mexican Corn from The Homesick Texan
I better post from last week before I  need to start planning for THIS week's company!

So to round off our meal, I made this corn recipe (minus the cob) and simple black beans. 

EASY black beans:
canned black beans (however much you need, I always 2x)
garlic, thinly sliced
cilantro (optional)
salt
Combine all ingredients and cook until beans are thickened or until desired "doneness".

I make these beans all of the time! The leftovers are perfect for oven baked nachos.

Salted Caramel Butter Bars
We finished off our night with a perfect, buttery desert. Thanks to Pinterest, I found this recipe and can not emphasize enough how much you need these bars. Don't even think about the pound of butter. It's good for you.

Special THANKS to Simon for being my baking side-kick


Penny wanted to get in on the "helping mama with the company" action and gave herself the job of place cards. She very thoughtfully wrote our names and then drew symbols of what we like. Nathan (Poppy) had a guitar and I think I was a cupcake! Hmm- who has the sweet tooth around here?!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment